[R129 SL] K&N Filters

BJonesNY at aol.com BJonesNY at aol.com
Wed Sep 23 14:21:54 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/23/2009 12:16:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
r129list-request at mbcoupes.com writes:

In my opinion they're not worth the money. Many owners have reported that
because they over oiled the filter elements, the excess blew on their MAF
Sensors causing poor performance and requiring cleaning or replacing the MAF
sensor. I simply want to drive the thing, not make it a science
experiment so I stick with OE air filters.

Re you seat bolster panel, the other advice was accurate. Depending on
amount of wear, some have repaired the leather in place and re-coated it to
match the rest of the seat, others replace the bolster and have a new one
sewn. Keep in mind that the lighter the color of the seat leather, the more
either a new panel or repair will stand out.

Bob

Coupler of questions for fellow 129 owners:
Are there any issues or potential problems I need to be aware of when
exchanging OEM air filters for K&N filters ?

Has anyone come up with a simple inexpensive way to eliminate the
torn/worn kidney panels on the drivers seatback that inevitably
is the result of sliding in and out with your belt over the years ??
(other than removal and replacement)