[R129 SL] sl500 proper tire pressure

Rob Vonderhaar rob at robvonder.com
Wed Jul 15 14:23:10 EDT 2009

I'm running 32 psi front and 36 psi rear (cold) on my 2005 SL500 with the AMG Sport package. Watching the tire pressure monitors while driving, this climbs to about 35 & 39. I also have a 1995 SL500 with similar 18" AMG wheels set at those same pressures.

Seems like a good compromise on both cars in terms of giving decent handling without feeling every imperfection in the road. Anything higher just gets so rough that it's not fun to drive. I agree with your mechanic that 28 psi in front is too low.

Rob
Sent from my Omnia Windows® phone.