[R129 SL] Suspension Warning Lamp will not go off

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 5 15:01:32 EDT 2008

Thanks Frank, I did not have the battery disconnected but when the problem
first occurred I was successful getting the warning lamp off by cycling the
steering from lock to lock. But now that trick does not bring the same
results. I did find that the oil tank for the suspension was over full by a
good amount so I siphoned off the excess until the dip stick read in the
safe zone. Now when I start up there are occasions when the lamp stays out.
When this occurs I have full control of the chassis height system and can
set the height to any desired height within range. On those occasions when
the lamp stays or comes on I am completely locked out of the chassis height
adjustment system. I wonder if there is enough foreign material in the oil
throughout the system to cause intermittent operation.

Happy motoring, George

Database version: 5.09990
http://www.pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor/