[R129 SL] Suspension Warning Lamp will not go off

Frank GLASCOTT frank.glascott at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 4 08:38:22 EDT 2008

Hi George. I had the same issue on my 1992 300SL24. I assume you know that if the battery has been disconnected for any reason you have to turn the steering wheel from full lock to full lock before the warning light will extingish. If that fails, you may have a sensor problem as I did. Mine was replaced in France for about 500 euros (i can let you have exact details, part number, exact price etc. when I return to France next week if you need them). Good Luck. Frank Glascott

> Message du 03/06/08 21:35

> De : "George Jenner"

> A : "'SL Mailing List'"

> Copie à :

> Objet : [R129 SL] Suspension Warning Lamp will not go off

For the past month or so I have had a warning lamp on the dash panel trying to tell me something……?? This warning lamp is located just to the right of the steering column and looks like a shock absorber with up and down arrows on either side. My Benz is a 1996 model with ADS and body height controls on the far left side of the dash. I have checked the oil fluid level under the hood and it appears it is not low. The oil reservoir is located next to the windshield washer fluid reservoir on the right front in the engine compartment. Does anyone out there have a clue…I sure don’t. Keeping those r129s on the go. George Jenner