[R129 SL] How to make it GO?

Jonathan Hodgman jhodgman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 10:36:16 EST 2008

Hello Steve,

Well, your options are limited to be quite honest.. Options are build a 6L
varient w/ stand alone fuel/spark.. Or, engineer a rear mount turbo
setup.. I beleive Kleemann or someone similar had or was working on
centrifugal blower for the SL's, but cost was around 25K or there about.

In short there is No easy/inexpensive means by which one can make these cars
faster. You already have the 'hottest' SL by owning a 92.
Only other option that would net a few HP would be a custom exhaust from the
manifolds back, but expect that to run around 2K if done correctly.

If a 6L is of interest we can provide you with said motor and stand alone
fuel/spark management.

Jonathan
--
Blue Ridge Mercedes/AMG East
Offering Enthusiast Service, Restoration and Tuning.

1996 S600 Euro
1991 560SEC Euro ECE
1991 560SEC GT28 Conversion
1989 190E 2.6 factory 5sp