[R129 SL] How to make it GO?

Steven A Hiett shiett at charter.net
Sun Dec 14 00:29:00 EST 2008

Hi,

Where and how can I obtain information about souping up our 1992 SL?
Recently we purchased a 1992 500SL w/92,000 miles. Though clean and with a
good history it required some catch-up maintenance. After running the MB
Service info gauntlet we now have enough information (factory authorized CD,
Service introduction manual for the 1990 SL series - thanks
BooksForCars.com) to address most normal service issues. What I've not
found is information about modifications and parts to boost the performance
and reliability. What standard formulas would a professional MB specialty
shop employ that a handy enthusiast might be able to do on their own? Are
there articles available where these Pros share their knowledge? Living in
Central Washington offers plenty of great roads for driving the SL but not
many (any) independent MB shops or clubs. Help.

-Thanks, Steve Hiett