[R129 SL] electrical gremlin

William Alborn voltboy at indy.rr.com
Wed Sep 5 20:08:14 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone!
My first real problem with my 1999 SL500 happened today. I took it for a spin, and it worked perfectly. I garaged it and turned it off. I had never heard the exhaust sound, so I opened the door, and with the door opened, tried to start the car. It would not start, and the dashboard display started to flash. The driver window was trying to seat itself in the weather-stripping around the frame, but it only made a clicking sound. I tried to reset the window by following the procedure in the owner's manual, but to no avail. Now, the window is up too high to close the door, and the key will not allow the engine to turn over. Any advice you can provide will be appreciated!

Bill