[R129 SL] power steering

Victor R. Lopez vrlopez254 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 16:37:04 EDT 2007

that is strange, air in the line?

Jan Kuylaars <J.kuylaars at kpnplanet.nl> wrote: Hello Folks.

I have a strange question. As long as I have my 500SL, regularly it happens that my steering wheel suddenly gets a couple of mm space. I must then steer alternating left or Right. If I stop and check if there is space on the wheels or on the wheel house, I am not notifying any abnormal space. So It is not dangerous, but unpleasant. I drive that way for four years. After the engine has turned off, and started again, there's no trouble anymore. The steer lies nicely tight in the hand and the car sends as a knife in butter. Then some days or weeks later it is back again for some ours.
However, I have a small leakage along of piping. In a couple of months it empties my tank half .But that cannot be the reason, it nevertheless be, because then it always must give space. Nevertheless, I want to let the leakage rapidly repair . Does someone have an idea where this phenomenon comes from?
Replace a hydraulic steering house without knowing if it is the reason is also expensive.
greeting from the flying Dutchman 500 SL