[R129 SL] Wood trim

Oldbenz1 at aol.com Oldbenz1 at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 09:40:18 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/22/2007 9:32:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bobross at cox.net writes:

I have a 95sl500 and I have added quite a lot of burlwood trim. My source
is Performance Products in California. Good company to deal with. They
have a web site and a catalog just for mercedes items.
_http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com_ (http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com/)
So far I have added a burlwood steering wheel, Shift Knob, instrument
cluster and also across the dash. I want to do the center console (I have been
told the sl600 will fit, but have not been able to find a used 600).
Performance Produces wants 600+ for one peice and 400 for the roll top.
If you find a used source, let me know
_bobross at cox.net_ (mailto:bobross at cox.net)

Hi Bob- thanks for the response.
I have Performance's catalog, also have communicated with Schatz and Eris
Design who have similar product lines. I remember a couple of years ago I
found the website of another German company that manufactured wood trim parts.
Their products were as nice as the others, but their prices were much better.
In fact, they had a program whereby the more you bought, the better the
price became. I had another R129 at the time (since sold) and as I recall I
could buy all the things I wanted for less than $2000. This included wood &
leather steering wheel, entire console in wood, instrument cluster, door panel
and dashboard pieces. At the time, this was many hundreds of dollars less
than the same parts from Performance. Unfortunately, I have since lost the info
from this company and was hoping that someone on the R129 list would know of
them.
Rich Splaine