[R129 SL] Brake parts ordered, etc.

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 20:21:24 EDT 2007

Agreed.
I ordered all original M-B parts including the brake
pads. My car has 19" wheels but tires sized to match
closely the original geometry. The tires are wider
than stock but no wider than the AMG option wheels and
tires. The biggest diference I have discovered is
that the car now rides and handles like a sports car,
not a luxury coupe. Here in the States, these SL cars
were sold many times - when new - to older drivers,
many female, who seemed to want an softer ride. Since
this car is so heavy and compensated for with lots of
power, the soft ride was just not for me. I didn't
want a powerful soft ride. The new stance, crisp ride
and strong performance has me falling in love with the
SL500 all over again.

rick
'03 L-R Discovery II
'98 M-B SL500