[R129 SL] hobby cars

asim razvi asimrazvi at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 16:53:54 EDT 2007

you asked about hobby cars, well lets see....
94 SL320, 2004 530i and also 2007 650i. I just sold my 1988 325i Convertible after many years of faithful service. I have to stay with relatively newer cars now so that they dont 'languish under a tarp' in my garage. Love the idea of the MGB though, I grew up in the UK and MGs were always tooling around, I know its sacrelige to say it here but the MG really was the quintessential convertible - that and the Etype with all those little flip switches on the dash! I always felt the convertible had to be spring seats, dubious black leather and minimal instrumentation and all you can hear is the wind as you adjust those little side windows that swing in and out. In case of outrage I do own an SL as well.

asim