[R129 SL] Tire questions

PAULS at sbcglobal.net PAULS at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 30 21:03:06 EDT 2007

I beg to differ. Taller and wider rims do affect the handling of
the car. I have stock 16s on my 90 R129 and would like to go to
wider 17s, esp wider in the rear, but I've only found 18s and
don't want to go that drastic. Had 18s on a SEC and liked them,
but would prefer 17s on this car. I knew a guy who went from
stock to the "AMG set-up" (which were 18s with 275s on the rear--
probably 35 x 275), and he absolutely loved the improvement.

Paul