[R129 SL] automatic gearbox update

Jan Kuylaars J.kuylaars at kpnplanet.nl
Tue Aug 7 17:44:26 EDT 2007

Yeah, it was just like you said.
I drove easy and a guy in a landrover puts his thumb up to say how he
liked my car.
We drove to a traffic circle and behind me there drove a new 4 doors S
class.
Leaving the circle a give a kick down to show the power of the 8
cylinders and saw the cars disappears in the mirror.
Then the ASR light come on and the car would not react on the gas pedal.
I stopped and heard the pump make a loud noise.
Checking the oil, level indicated a loose of oil.
Driving further results in burned oil and smoke coming from the exhaust.
Now the oil is dripping constant out of the gearbox.
Looks exact like your story.
Do have the currency to kick down again after this?
Or should it last at least 200 00 miles again?