[R129 SL] automatic gearbox update

on a need to know basis moon.cusser at verizon.net
Tue Aug 7 16:56:54 EDT 2007

Hey Jan,
I blew mine out by hitting the gas pedal a bit to hard in summer
traffic. A little old man driving a hugh Cadillac was just about to
hit me broadside. He could barely see over the steering wheel.
Well I went another 8 miles to my next stop and noticed it leaving a
constant trail of transmission fluid everywhere. Took it to a mechanic in
the next town over and he said it is kind of a weak spot. They go out of shape or
can even weld themselves to the shaft. I shudder to think what welded one would
cost to replace. Good luck...