[R129 SL] Leak problem...

gregoiro at weststargroup.net gregorio at weststargroup.net
Wed Nov 2 12:41:16 EST 2005

Hey George;

Thanks for the info.!  I actually replaced the battery as I did think that
it was cracked (Kind of an oily substance all around the bottom of the
battery).  Now it could just be residual fluid still in that well area
leaking out, but it still appears to be leaking. I'll give it a couple of
days. On my car, there is a  welded plate underneath the battery, so you
can't really see what is underneath it.   I just wasn't sure if that hose
was connected to some important aspect of the car.

I'll clean out that area and check the flap, etc.  Thank you again for your
time.
Sure do love these cars!

Cheers,

Greg Conte