[R129 SL] Steering Wheel Replacement

Adam Gage ADAPL12 at ADELPHIA.NET
Tue Mar 22 19:40:27 EST 2005

Ray - can you tell me where you purchased the steering wheel replacement?  I've been looking for quite some time now.
Thank you
Adam Gage
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ray Thompson
  To: r129list at mbcoupes.com
  Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:53 AM
  Subject: [R129 SL] Steering Wheel Replacement

  I have recently purchased a replacement steering wheel, gearshift assembly and walnut roll top for the centre console of my 1990 500SL.

  Thanks to the advice from this group I have replaced the gearshift assembly and the roll top for the centre console without a hitch.

  I now need to replace the steering wheel, I have studied the MBUSA CD and also an MB workshop manual and neither cover the subject.

  Can anyone offer advice; I am reluctant to tackle the job 'blind' and risk the airbag exploding in my face!

  Regards

  Ray Thompson

  1990 500SL (left hooker)

  1972 MGB Roadster V8 (currently under restoration)

  Volvo T5