[R129 SL] traction control adam gage

George Simpson george.simpson.r129 at tiscali.fr
Fri Jan 21 05:40:49 EST 2005

> U.S. mpg 	U.K. mpg 	l/100km 	km/l
>

> 10.00 	8.33 	23.51 	4.25
> 11.00 	9.16 	21.38 	4.68
> 12.00 	9.99 	19.60 	5.10
> 13.00 	10.83 	18.09 	5.53
> 14.00 	11.66 	16.80 	5.95
> 15.00 	12.49 	15.68 	6.38
> 16.00 	13.32 	14.70 	6.80
> 17.00 	14.16 	13.83 	7.23
> 18.00 	14.99 	13.06 	7.65
> 19.00 	15.82 	12.38 	8.08
> 20.00 	16.65 	11.76 	8.51
> 21.00 	17.49 	11.20 	8.93
> 22.00 	18.32 	10.69 	9.36
> 23.00 	19.15 	10.22 	9.78
> 24.00 	19.99 	9.80 	10.21
> 25.00 	20.82 	9.41 	10.63
> 26.00 	21.65 	9.04 	11.06
> 27.00 	22.48 	8.71 	11.48
>
> I don't know if the above table will come out in my reply but it will
> help Jan with his conversion of US mpg figures to the European (excl.
> GB) equivalents. If the table gets lost, Adam's 15/17 mls/USgall is
> 6.38/7.23 km/ltr and 25/27 mls/USgall is 10.63/11.48 kms/ltr.

I can't remember whether I told the group but the misfire and difficulty
ith starting when warm have been resolved - after changing the corroded
distributor caps and rotors which had corroded  pick-up points, the car
now runs as it should. As most of my mileage is in or around town, I
seem to get about 400 kms with a full tank or about 12 mls/US gal !!!

George Simpson
Cognac
1990 500SL
1967 Mini Moke