[R129 SL] Re: Synthetic Oil

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Thu Dec 15 10:32:40 EST 2005

After reading the many accounts of everyone switching, or considering switching to pure synthetic motor oil I plan on revisiting my decision to use Mobil 1 and take another look at Amsoil for my 1996 SL500 with 76,000 miles.  Is Amsoil as easy to obtain as Mobil 1?  Do Amsoil users use a special oil filter as well?  I would appreciate hearing from someone who switched from Mobil 1 to Amsoil about their impressions after the change.

Motor on...it doesn't get any better than this.  George