[R129 SL] Re: Synthetic Oil

SamShentonTan at aol.com SamShentonTan at aol.com
Thu Dec 15 04:58:14 EST 2005

Hi Guys

Its interesting reading to see that a lot of you use Mobil 1 oil in your
cars, I assume its the 0W50 version? I decided to take a different direction and
used Castrol Formula RS 10W60 in my 500SL. After covering 2200 miles this
summer  driving to Italy and back from the UK (roof off all the way....
delightful!) the  oil is actually still clean in the engine!!! Only thing I will say
about the  trip was the amount of fuel I used was monumental.... but it was well
worth it!  The looks I got in the car driving through France and Italy, what
more can I  say! In case anyone wonders, my SL is the Red one in the start
page ;-)

Its also worth mentioning that I serviced the car fully prior to the trip,
including gearbox filter and oil and diff oil... its worth going the extra mile
 for extra protection!

Keep motoring all....

Sam Shenton-Tan

500 SL