[R129 SL] Re: Idling problem

r129list@mbcoupes.com r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:27:24 -0500

Greg,

I had much the same problem with my car and after changing both distributor caps and rotor arms, plugs, leads and had the fuel metering head stripped and re-built, the problem turned out to be 1 of the 2 ignition coils! I have now fitted 2 new coils and the car runs perfectly again. The problem was spotted whilst running the engine in the dusk and I noticed that there was a spark arcing across from the coil body to the thick metal surround that its mounted in.

Don't know if this is what your problem is, but it may be worth checking them out.

Good Luck!!

Sam