[R129 SL] Re: Idling problem

GREGORIO-WSEG r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:41:53 -0800

Sam;

Thanks for the info!  I have the car at my local Benz dealer and I sent them
your e-mail (along with other fine folks). This website is priceless for
this type of stuff.  Thanks to you and to all others out there.

Cheers,

Greg
----- Original Message -----
From: <SamShentonTan@aol.com>
To: <r129list@mbcoupes.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 7:27 AM
Subject: [R129 SL] Re: Idling problem

> Greg,
>
> I had much the same problem with my car and after changing both
distributor caps and rotor arms, plugs, leads and had the fuel metering head
stripped and re-built, the problem turned out to be 1 of the 2 ignition
coils! I have now fitted 2 new coils and the car runs perfectly again. The
problem was spotted whilst running the engine in the dusk and I noticed that
there was a spark arcing across from the coil body to the thick metal
surround that its mounted in.