[R129 SL] A little help

GREG CONTE r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:27:04 -0700

I have an interesting one...

I recently acquired a wonderful 1991 500SL (triple black) but a little
glitch has started occurring.  After driving the car for about an hour
or so, the engine suddenly cuts out for a split second, then comes back
on.  When at a stop light, it just dies.  It starts right up, but this
goes on until I leave it for a few hours, then it is just fine.  I got
the car with a 12 month drivetrain warranty so I'm hoping, whatever it
is, it will be covered.  My mechanic, who is always up for a challenge,
wants to go on a fishing expedition to find the cause.  But I thought I
would see if anyone else has run across the same thing to save me a
little time.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Greg