[R129 SL] How to do a long distance car deal?

r129list@mbcoupes.com r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:20:39 EDT

-------------------------------1065579639

Tom:
I recently bought a Corvette out of Tulsa after having a colleague evaluate
the car in person--- as a former police officer and currently security director
for a large oil company/retailer, I also made sure to let the seller know
what I do for a living--- I sent the bank check, he overnighted the signed,
notorized title upon receipt of the payment and we shipped the car on a carrier.
  Yes, there's a measure of trust involved, but I verified the seller's
address through databases, and obviously "knew where he lived"...and we had several
conversations by phone-- you get a feel for people and their motives. It's a
bit uncomfortable long distance-- if you sell to someone here in AZ or So CA
it's a walk in the park.  Good luck - -
Rollie Trayte
Scottsdale
cqrt@aol.com

-------------------------------1065579639

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Tom:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">I recently bought a Corvette out of Tulsa=20=
after having a colleague evaluate the car in person--- as a former police of=
ficer and currently security director for a large oil company/retailer, I al=
so made sure to let the seller know what I do for a living--- I sent the ban=
k check, he overnighted the signed, notorized title upon receipt of the paym=
ent and we shipped the car on a carrier.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">&nbsp; Yes, there's a measure of trust inv=
olved, but I verified the seller's address through databases, and obviously=20=
"knew where he lived"...and we had several conversations by phone-- you get=20=
a feel for people and their motives. It's a bit uncomfortable long distance-=
- if you sell to someone here in AZ or So CA it's a walk in the park.&nbsp;=20=
Good luck - - </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Rollie Trayte</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Scottsdale</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">cqrt@aol.com</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>