[R129 SL] somebody talk me out of this

John Collins r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:37:54 -0700

At 9:00 AM -0500 6/10/03, <deneals@mbz.org> wrote:
>Recent mid-life crisis has me desiring a sporty car, and a recent friend's
>death (urge to do it now or fuhgeddaboutit) leads to the desire for a 1991
>300SL.
>
>Most desirable is one in Charlottesville; red over tan, nicely kept w 5
>speed manual 95k miles
>
>OR
>
>1991 blue over tan auto w 45k miles
>
>Anybody want to help me decide which car or talk me out of it?  What do you
>a fair price would be for either. KBB has these cars @$13-14k;  of course
>both owners want lots more.

Go for it!  The SL is a magnificent convertible.  The 320 got much better reviews than the 300 so if you can find one of those, you'll probably like it better.

Mid-life was a few years ago for me, but I'm back in an SL and loving it.  I had three different SLs through the 80s and then moved into a sedan.  Last year I got the bug and bought a 95 that I recently replaced with a 99 and couldn't be happier.  The major difference these days is I don't have as much hair covering my scalp so I always have to wear a hat.
--

John Collins