[R129 SL] somebody talk me out of this

Steve Sims r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:04:24 -0400

I've gotta say "Go for the 5-Speed"!!!  I'd really like to have the R129
with a stick, and I wish one was available in the 5.0 engine.

If you need someone to take a look at the one in Charlottesville, let me
know.  I'd take a run up the road.

And, on the other hand, if you decide you're not interested in the C-Ville
one, could you pass me the owner's information off-list?  A guy at work was
T-boned in his Miata the other day, and he's looking for another rag-top.
But a better one than the Miata.  (It folded *really* badly!)  Fortunately
he and his wife walked away.

...sjs...
Richmond, VA
'97 SL500
&c.

-----Original Message-----
From: Deneal Schilmeister

Recent mid-life crisis has me desiring a sporty car, and a recent friend's
death (urge to do it now or fuhgeddaboutit) leads to the desire for a 1991
300SL.

Most desirable is one in Charlottesville; red over tan, nicely kept w 5
speed manual 95k miles

Anybody want to help me decide which car or talk me out of it?  What do you
a fair price would be for either. KBB has these cars @$13-14k;  of course
both owners want lots more.