[LargeFormat] late 19th century photographer's clothes

LNPhoto largeformat@f32.net
Fri Apr 9 11:09:36 2004

Okay this is near off topic, but my daughter's class is going to
Greenfield Village to see what it was like to go to school in the late
19th Century.  Seeing an opportunity to embarrass my daughter and my
self I've volunteered to take the class photo (which has now turned
into three classes)

The equipment choice is easy, I can go absolutely accurate with a
Century whole plate, or be a bit anachronistic but easier on the lab by
using a Deardorf.    The harder part will be the clothes.  Boller
(Derby) hats can be found easily enough, but what about trousers and a
shirt?  tie?

I would think that the whole Civil War reenactment movement would have
something for me but don't know where to look.

Since this isn't a competition in front of experts, close is good
enough, but Nike's, shorts and a tee shirt from the Hard Rock Cafe,
Maui   isn't close enough.    Links to places that sell patterns,
clothes and dusters would be great.

Les