[LargeFormat] Speed Graphic observes Condi Rice testimony

Phong largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 8 18:02:39 2004

Tim Atherton wrote:
> > Did anyone get a kick out of the dude in the blue shirt on Condi's
> > right using a Speed Graphic along with a couple of SLRs?
> >

> Probably Dave Burnett, one of the founders of Contact Press
>
> see:
>
> http://largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/topic/498236.html

Tim,
Wonderful story.  Thanks for the link.

Dave Burnett's "luminous dial watch" reminds of the time
I anwered my cell phone while in the darkroom (actually
an oversized closet) loading some film.  After talking on
the cell phone for a while, I suddenly realized a glow in
the closet, which came from the faintly backlit number pad.
Ruined a few sheets that day.  It could be worse.
Plenty of opportunities for OOPS, as he says in the article.
:-)

Cheers,

- Phong