[LargeFormat] Chicago...tripods and the law

LNPhoto largeformat@f32.net
Thu Feb 19 00:14:05 2004

Thanks for all of the answers.  This has been a few years ago, but my
professor who shot in Chicago for 17 years before converting to teacher
told us about a bored cop who insisted on seeing his permit. When Mr.
LeVant produced said permit, the cop said it was a forgery.  With no
other ammunition, Mr. LeVant countered with, "Then arrest me for
forgery and shooting without a permit."  The cop declined and Mr LeVant
called CPD HQ and asked if they would kindly tell MR. O'Malley to stop
harassing him. It worked.

Now Howard lived there.  He could post bond.  I don't have that luxury,
so I thought I'd do some research before.
  As one of Detroit's wise old weathermen said, "Knowledge is what you
get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you
don't"  In this case I'm hedging on the knowledge half.

And Wade, Not sure of the mode of transportation, but we'll be coming
in from Detroit....either by rail or by car.
Les