[LargeFormat] Chicago...tripods and the law

Stein largeformat@f32.net
Fri Feb 20 00:56:26 2004

Dear Nephew Vince,

     Ah, in their wisdom, the local Westrail and government road workers
have adapted their compulsory hard hats to the summer conditions. They are
issued with stiffened canvas brims shaped like doughnuts that just slip down
over the hard hat and tie on. Look silly, but apparently work. The brims, I
mean, not the road workers....

Dear Niece Verna,

     Excellent solution to the problem! There is no-one who deserves an
exposition of the art of photography more than the Nosey Parker cop. I would
start at Niepce and work forwards and when they started to get a glazed look
and drift away I would grasp their coat sleeve and drag them back....

    My old Dad once asked his brother in law - a professor of chemistry at
the University of West Virginia _ the casual question " Say, what's in
gasoline anyway? " Apparently he had ample time in the subsequent two hours
to reflect upon the wisdom of the question.

    Dear Nephew Ken,

    I cannot cause locusts but I can generate a quart of midges
occasionally. It is not the sort of thing that you can put on your CV but it
is entertaining at barbeques when the conversation flags.

    Uncle Dick