[LargeFormat] Not seen very often...

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 21 21:12:24 2004

At 17:36 21/01/2004 -0800, Jim Brick wrote:
snip

>You think you get a sore back from bending over an enlarger bench... how
>about bending over the floor! Or being on your hands and knees to size,
>crop, and focus... Ugh! How do you focus?
>
>It has such a tall column, it would not fit on most enlarging benches
>regardless of strength and sturdyness. This thing is a whopper! Through
>the roof!
>
>If all of the above somehow fit into your space... go for it. However, neg
>carriers would be my concern. A large glass maskable carrier would be a
>PITA. Dirt city.
snip

One good thing about the design is that the chassis is at an angle which
saves on space for large prints as the base easel is always at the closest
possible point to the wall. Which brings up the question of the base table
- surely there should be one with the chassis.

Neg carriers are definitely an issue - the enlarger will probably deal with
all formats up to and including 8x10. Find out what is available. Think
about power supply and timer etc. It seems as though the enlarger is set up
in a darkroom so there may well be some goodies available.

Good luck Tori if you decide to go for it.