[LargeFormat] Not seen very often...

Jim Brick largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 21 20:44:49 2004

At 05:10 PM 1/21/2004 -0800, Tori Nelson wrote:

>Hey everyone, I'm thinking of bidding on this beast and would
>appreciate any info that y'all could pass on about it.  Is anyone
>familiar with this model, what should I know about it and what should I
>ask the guy about it?  He said the bellows are in good shape.  Help
>please!
>
>Thanks,
>Tori

Do you live near enough that you can pick it up? Shipping would be a bugger!

You think you get a sore back from bending over an enlarger bench... how
about bending over the floor! Or being on your hands and knees to size,
crop, and focus... Ugh! How do you focus?

It has such a tall column, it would not fit on most enlarging benches
regardless of strength and sturdyness. This thing is a whopper! Through the
roof!

If all of the above somehow fit into your space... go for it. However, neg
carriers would be my concern. A large glass maskable carrier would be a
PITA. Dirt city.

If you live close enough to it (where is it?) then I suggest making
arrangements to see it. It doesn't look like it's going to be sold, so
e-mail the seller and ask questions. Get a phone number. The first
questions being "does it all work properly?" "is anything broken?" "what
accessories are available?" etc...

Good luck...

:-)

Jim