[LargeFormat] Uncle who?/Elgeet 4.5

LNPhoto largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 27 23:26:04 2003

Well I can' only give you theory.  I too have an Elgeet 10" f4.5 in
military (but not Scottish Higlander)
garb

It's designated as an LE-2, the same as the 10" tele optar.  both use a
negative element to s t r e t c h the image to large coverage and then
use the center, thus giving magnification.  I haven't chucked this in
my Doodledorf, but I know the 15" tele will cover 8x10.....or should I
say "illuminate"  There's big difference in the circle of illumination
and the circle of good definition, or good coverage.  Teles for the
most part illuminate a lot but don't expect dagor sharpness in the
corners.

Les