[LargeFormat] Enough musclebuilding already

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sun Dec 14 15:36:26 2003

Does anybody know what is the lightest realistically usable 54 monorail?  I
did have a Gowland but sold it as too sloppy, no datum zero lines, no rear
rise/fall. no bag bellows. Currently I am exercising with a Sinar F1 and
it's a good camera but sometimes I wonder whether I haven't overdosed on
Swiss metal, so I would welcome advice on something easier to carry that
does what a Sinar can.  Monorails are on Ebay from time to time at moderate
prices (other than Linhof). Actually I had Linhofs and they were heavy and
(in a whisper)- not as good as Sinar?  Philip