[LargeFormat] Auto Graflex RB Model Identification

LNphoto largeformat@f32.net
Sat Sep 13 06:49:08 2003

On Saturday, September 13, 2003, at 04:54  AM, Clive Warren wrote:

> Hello Les,
>

> There are no fabric "wings" on the lens cover as I have seen on other
> models.
> The front standard is on rails and extends from the body on geared
> side rails that have a series of holes drilled in them -
>
> The hinge for the viewing hood is at the back.
>
> The serial number is on the underside of the flip up section that
> holds the lens cover and is 43705.

> It has the patent information and is marked at the top, R.B. GRAFLEX.
> It was nickel plated but a lot of that has worn off to show the brass
> underneath.
>

> Cheers,
>            Clive

It is indeed an early Auto Graflex (non RB)  I suspect that that the
chimney doesn't come all the way to the front of the camera but there
is a curved dip in the body that comes down to meet the front of the
camera.

The serial number actually pre-dates my book...I'm guessing 1917  I'l
write more later

Les