[LargeFormat] Auto Graflex RB Model Identification

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Sep 13 07:24:01 2003

At 06:46 13/09/2003 -0400, LNphoto wrote:

>On Saturday, September 13, 2003, at 04:54  AM, Clive Warren wrote:
>>Hello Les,
>>
>>There are no fabric "wings" on the lens cover as I have seen on other models.
>>The front standard is on rails and extends from the body on geared side
>>rails that have a series of holes drilled in them -
>>
>>The hinge for the viewing hood is at the back.
>>
>>The serial number is on the underside of the flip up section that holds
>>the lens cover and is 43705.
>>It has the patent information and is marked at the top, R.B. GRAFLEX. It
>>was nickel plated but a lot of that has worn off to show the brass underneath.
>>Cheers,
>>            Clive
>
>It is indeed an early Auto Graflex (non RB)  I suspect that that the
>chimney doesn't come all the way to the front of the camera but there is a
>curved dip in the body that comes down to meet the front of the camera.
>
>The serial number actually pre-dates my book...I'm guessing 1917  I'l
>write more later
>
>Les

Les,

No curved dip and the chimney goes to the front of the camera. Now that I
look at it I have discovered another spring clip that will allow the
chimney to be removed.

The bottom plate definitely says RB Graflex but it could have been added
later (although it appears to have always been on the camera). The last
patent date is May 6, 1913. Maybe I finally have something Graflex that you
might want photographed :-)