[LargeFormat] Case for monorail Omega 45D

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon May 19 19:31:02 2003

At 08:46 18/05/2003 -0700, Roland Smith wrote:
>I, recently, acquired an Omega 45D 4X5 monorail camera which I am preparing
>for some use later this summer.  It did not come with a hard case. B&H has
>these available for more than $300.
>
>I found a less expensive solution.  Stanley, the tool company, has a plastic
>tool box with wheels on the end and a handle on the other end which is just
>slightly greater than the minimum dimensions required.  I bought one for
>$29.98, one-tenth the B&H price for the Toyo/Omega case.
snip

Roland,

Now that's a good idea!  I have been looking at those tool boxes myself but
without the advantage of your lateral thinking - only thinking about an
easy way to carry around the DIY household tools. I have a couple of
monorails that could really benefit from a safer way of transporting them
in the car. Will be measuring up the next time to see if the 5x7 outfits
will fit. From memory they should do and the wheels will make life almost
too easy. Thanks!