[LargeFormat] Case for monorail Omega 45D

Roland Smith largeformat@f32.net
Sun May 18 11:48:18 2003

I, recently, acquired an Omega 45D 4X5 monorail camera which I am preparing
for some use later this summer.  It did not come with a hard case. B&H has
these available for more than $300.

I found a less expensive solution.  Stanley, the tool company, has a plastic
tool box with wheels on the end and a handle on the other end which is just
slightly greater than the minimum dimensions required.  I bought one for
$29.98, one-tenth the B&H price for the Toyo/Omega case.

To protect the camera by suspending it from the rail, I will have to make an
insert and this should be undifficult.

I will post the results when my adaptation is completed which will be after
I return from a three week trip to Italy.

Roland Smith
Oakland, California