[LargeFormat] Graphic II Monorail Cameras

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jan 13 09:48:51 2003

At 08:13 13/01/2003 -0500, Joseph O'Neil wrote:
huge snip
>Finally, do not overlook the Graphic mono-rail camera either, if you need
>a monorail.  They are superb, assuming you find one in good shape.  Mine
>is in near mint shape, and in terms of build, construction, every way you
>can think of them, it is, IMO, a match for almost any new 4x5 monorail out
>there today.

The Graphic View II is the one to go for.  They are surprisingly light -
although mine is most definitely in used condition, it is very stable and
has all the movements that I will ever need from it. It packs down small
enough to make backpacking possible although some people would not consider
a monorail for landscape work it does mean that you have a very flexible
camera that could be used for many different types of photography. Jim
Hemenway (on this list) is selling one at the moment.