[LargeFormat] Crown Graphic Movements(or lack of) ?

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 12 16:23:26 2003

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 12:43 PM, John Gill wrote:

> or simply wait for Les Newcomer on this list to read the thread as he is
> one of the most knowledgeable people about Graflex cameras.

Why butt in, you were all doing so well?!  But now that I've been invited
<grin>  Pre-Anniversaries don't have any tilt at all, the bed unlinks and
drops all the way down.

For a FIRST Graphic camera I suggest a Pacemaker crown with a side
rangefinder and a spring (graphic back) It will do exactly as Clive as
said and if you don't get over excited, will cost you about $50 to $100
less than the Graflok backed, Top RF model and do 90% of what you want
done.

If there is a modification it would be to carefully remove the front wire
sight to gain more movements with lenses 90mm and wider as they sit inside
the body.  this can be done in a way that , when it comes time to sell can
be put back  without much trouble.

When I shoot landscapes I use my crown as is,  with a 127 or a 90 most of
the time, although I have afull compliment of lenses from 58mm to 385mm,
and I have yet to remove the front wire finder.

Les