[LargeFormat] Rodenstock Sironar 180mm f5.6 - Convertible

Karl Wolz largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 8 12:34:04 2001

Clive,

I actually have two 360s.  The TX and a Fujinon "A" lens.  I believe that
the Fuji is the sharpest lens I own, and it will cover 11x14!  The TX will,
however, work on my Wista field camera.

You can still go with the procedure I mentioned by focusing the image on a
white wall or piece of paper.  You may get better results by cutting a
lens-sized hole in a piece of cardboard to shield some of the stray light.
You will get a recognizable image when you hold the lens elements the
appropriate distance from the sheet of white paper/wall.

BTW, I hate critiquing photos.  When we create a photograph, as in any other
art production, we are putting a bit of ourselves into the image.  When I
critique your image, I feel that I am criticizing your vision, and perhaps
you, yourself.  I guess that some of us need to develop thicker skins,
myself included.

That being said, I really don't care for the infrared image of the bridge
(there, I said it).  I have been using it as a screen background for the
last few days so I could take a long look at it.

My opinion and a buck-fifty will get you a cup of coffee, I know.  The
bridge (in my opinion) needs to be more dominant. Perhaps by moving the
camera position to the right, you could make the bridge "loom" over the
image.  You have a wonderful sky, but the foliage on the other side of the
valley is too harsh and, without a visual focal point, is a distraction.
Perhaps someday I will get to England and we can visit this together.

How are your plans to visit my neck of the woods coming along?

Karl