[LargeFormat] cheaper scanner for negs - some options?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 14 19:59:47 2001

At 7:17 pm +0100 14/3/01, Frantisek wrote:
>Hi all!
huge snip!
>	Thanks for any opinions and experience from actuall usage!
>This will be the only scannner I will be able to use for a long time, it
>will serve me to scan 9x12cm/4x5" LF, (when I hopefuly get some 9x12cm
>field bargain), all my MF 6x6 and 6x9 stuff, and all my 35mm (35mm for web
>or computer screen only. 1200 dpi is too low for 35mm). So I need to choose
>well :)
>
>	Frantisek

If you can find one, the Microtek ScanMaker 4 has a transparency tray
and has recently been discontinued. The model which takes over from
the 4 is about twice the price....

I have a ScanMaker 4 with Silverfast (came as a bundle) and it has
exceeded my expectations. Can be used to scan trannies up to 10x8!

Probably the best deal out there at the moment if you can find one
before they are all snapped up.
--
All the best,

             Clive Warren   http://www.f32.net
                            Large Format travel and stock photography