[LargeFormat] cheaper scanner for negs - some options?

Frantisek largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 14 14:40:01 2001

At 13:06 14.3.2001 -0600, Pam Niedermayer wrote:
>You may want to check out the Agfa T2500 and some of the Linotype-Hell
>models. A pretty good overview of available scanners is presented at
>A1 Scanner Outlet (http://www.scanneroutlet.com/home.htm), who
>actually recommended I not buy one they were offering because it
>wouldn't suit my needs.
>
>Pam

Thanks Pam for your suggestion, I have looked at T2500 as well, and it's a
very promising
scanner... at a price. The URL you gave me is useful, thanks!

The upper price limit is the Microtek X12 pro, or around 350-400$ maximum.
The new 2400 dpi canon flatbed might be good, but it's sheduled to come to
shelves in May. Perhaps we will wait for it, if I found a nice review of
it. Canon used to use the same double-arangement of low-density (600dpi)
CCDs for their 1200dpi scanners, and I guess this new scanner could be the
same, two 1200 dpi CCDs per colour channel to get to 2400 interpolated. God
knows...
But the price is higher. 500$, <400$ for the X12pro. And Canon's without
Silverfast.

BTW, the link is
<http://consumer.usa.canon.com/scanners/csd2400uf/index.html>

or
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/
scanners/csd2400uf/index.html
and paste it together, if the first wraps.

Frantisek