[Jacob-list] old sheep care

Katherine Wisor creeksendfarm at mac.com
Sun Mar 30 22:49:51 EDT 2014

I moved from Charlotte NC and there is where I had more older sheep. Didn’t have a barn just double lined wood LARGE sheds. 16x 20 . I hung the heat lamp about 5 - 6 feet off the ground, I secured it very well. My pasture was well eaten ,so the feeding of grain and hay was a must. Hay was $25 to $50 a round bale and $5 a sq bale there 50 to 65 lb bales. Here hay is 150 lb and $18 a bale , No round bales. Vet care is 2x as much. My oldest ewe now is 8 yrs old . I couldn’t bring everybody when I moved. It took us 5 days to get here but due to my health andI had a offer from my sister to bring most of them here. . Everyone has tricks and diff. expierence so thank goodness we have this venue to share. Plus what works for one persons farm won’t work doe another . Also hay and feed available is different . PS In looking at teeth ,rear teeth look like teeth that would continue to grow ,while I’m sure front teeth once gone don’t . Anyone know for sure?
Katherine Wisor RN
12700 Red Rock Rd
Reno Nevada 89508