[Jacob-list] Early breeding dates?

Carl Fosbrink fourhornfarm at frontier.com
Sat Sep 22 17:52:36 EDT 2012

I also let my rams run with the ewes year round, but I do not keep track of when they are due to lamb. When they lamb in the pasture or shelter unassisted I do record the lambing date and information about the lambs when I band tails and ear tag them and give the ewe her annual CD-T shot. I do this when the lambs are one or two days old. My ewes have been breeding and I usually get February lambs. I will know if they bred early when they lamb. I sometimes get January lambs, but didn't get any last year.

Carl