[Jacob-list] SUED question

Carl Fosbrink fourhornfarm at frontier.com
Wed Mar 14 21:10:22 EDT 2012

Jennifer,

In my flock of Jacobs I have had some that had a small notch in the upper eyelid. This does not bother me. They will not necessarily pass this on to their offspring. When they have a tuft of hair that sticks out that is more serious and I do not keep those to sell or breed from. There can be damage to the eye with anything more serious than a hair tuft I am told although I have never had anything worse than a hair tuft and I have mostly a 4 horn flock.
You say the lamb with the hair tufts is a ram lamb. I would not recommend using him as a breeder.

Carl