[Jacob-list] new owner - thin sheep?

Neal Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Tue Jun 26 12:06:07 EDT 2012

This is difficult to know. Jacob’s Sheep do not generally put on back fat like commercial breeds. You probably will be able to feel the hips, etc. on healthy sheep, but you should also feel good muscle tone. If they’re healthy other wise, they are probably OK.
Can you go feel somebody else’s sheep? Maybe sneak up on some along the road ?

Neal Grose