[Jacob-list] Rejected lamb

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Thu May 12 20:36:13 EDT 2011

You have a yearling ewe that is more interested in when you feed hay
than her lamb. If she had lambed before feeding time, it might have
worked out differently. Your yearling ewe is easily distracted. I worry
about a ewe that doesn't clean her lamb more than I worry about a ewe
that takes a long time to let her lamb nurse, but if you (or your LGD!
which happens) cleans the lamb or interrupts the birthing/bonding
process, the ewe is less likely to bond. I would give her another chance
if I really liked her. .

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>