[Jacob-list] Hoof trimming

jessica at spiritcraftwellness.com jessica at spiritcraftwellness.com
Thu Aug 18 13:55:19 EDT 2011

Hello!

I keep coming across mixed reviews on this issue of hoof trimming and i would love to hear your opinions. Some in my area say trim the hooves, others say leave them. My jacob ewes (2 of them) have an enclosure with dirt and grass and small shelters, along with a 1/4 acre turn out with a mix of grass, dirt, rocks, trees, and some concrete level area by the house where they get their grain at night. They seem to be hopping, walking, and head butting each other just fine, ha ha, but i don't want to miss something since these are my first sheep and i am learning as i go.

Thanks for your help!

Jessica.