[Jacob-list] New Booklet "Guide to Selection of Jacob Breeding Stock"

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Wed Aug 17 17:30:09 EDT 2011

I don't see that white legged sheep have better fleeces in the general
Jacob Sheep population. Of course if a flock is breeding FOR fleece and
AGAINST freckling, you are likely to evolve a line of white legged, fine
fleeced sheep. Not because the traits are linked, but because flock
selection included both traits. In my flock, my white legged sheep do
have some of my best fleeces . That's because I don't like white legs
very much and don't keep a white legged ewe unless she is special in
another way.

Linda .

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>