[Jacob-list] docking tails

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Mon May 3 13:09:51 EDT 2010

I agree. I have two ewes that aren't docked. Most years, they have not
been shorn before lambing and I don't often crutch, being too lazy to do
so. Their tails are not messy even after lambing. Even sheep with docked
tails can be messy if they go through a bout of diarrhea. Both of my
ewes hold their tails up easily and they are not damp with urine or
stained with feces. Messy, dirty tails can occur with any length or even
with no tail. I'd be more concerned about why the tails are so seriously
dirty.

Linda .

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>